Insuring Your Home
Insuring Your Home – Contents
Steer only insures the structure of your home. You are strongly advised to arrange insurance cover for the contents of your home.
Steers Insurance does not cover damage to
- Floor Coverings
- Internal decoration
- Personal Property as a result of flooding, fire or theft.
You must take out your own contents insurance which would cover these items in case of flooding, fire or theft.
Protecting Your Home
- Keep your doors and windows locked at all times.
- Leave a light on when leaving the house.
- When going on holiday have a friend or neighbour check on your home daily
- Never let anyone pressurise you into letting him or her enter your home.
- Consider getting a burglar alarm
- Do not leave keys outside your home eg under flower pots, doormats or any other ‘secret’ place.
- Do not leave cash lying around.
- Be a good neighbour. If you see anything suspicious Contact your local garda station.