Energy Saving Tips
Top Energy Saving Tips
Using energy more efficiently in your daily life comes easily once you get started. Here are some tips.
- 20c is an ideal room temperature. Turning down the thermostats by 1c will knock 10% off your heating bill.
- Make better use of the timers on your immersion or boiler so you can control when the heating comes on and goes off. This means you have heating and hot water when and where you want it.
- Turn the lights off when leaving a room.
- Minimise the areas where you are heating, there is no need to spend money heating rooms nobody will be in. Keep doors closed.
- Switch off appliances rather than leaving them on standby. This will save you up to 20% of your appliances’ energy use.
- Good blinds and curtains in your rooms will help to keep the heat in. Ensure they don’t hang over the radiators.